Thursday, August 11, 2011

What are good ways for college students to volunteer abroad?

I am interested in spending some time abroad to help underprivileged people. I'm a 20 year old male in good shape and can work hard. I have no professional skills such as medical training, construction, teaching or language skills. Basically I am just a college kid who would like to help people. I would like to spend anywhere from a month to as many as three months doing a single assignment or several. I have looked into volunteering in Haiti but couldn't find much for college-aged people. I'd do anything from helping to build houses, distributing food, helping a trained teacher teach English as a foreign language, etc. If anyone knows of a good site or company that offers something like this please let me know I would really appreciate it, ever since i graduated HS I have been looking for something like this but haven't been able to find anything that I think would be able to make a real difference. I can pay to volunteer but some of the companies I have researched are extremely expensive (considering the desired length of my service) and seem like they are just out to make money. Thanks in advance for your replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment