Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stress fracture or nothing to worry about?

I am on a track team hurdle crew which practices indoors for th te being, on hardwood gym floors. My left leg began to hurt about a week ago. At first I thought it was a shun splint, but when researching i had mire stress fracture symptoms than shin splints. I have been icing my leg, and this week my coach is having me do a minimal amount of work so it doesn't worsen. But he told me it can't be a tibial stress fracture because those are rare, and it would be too painful to walk, although I dout that. Is it true though? Would I be unable to walk if it's a stress fracture? I tried the hop up stairs technique and could barely hop up once without major pain. I know I should go see a doctor but is it worth it if it's just a bad case of shin splints and not even a stess fracture? My symptoms are a localized pain in the center of my calf on the inside and front bone, almost like a horizontal band of pain, icing it doesn't seem to help, nor does my leg brace, when I do practice, it doesn't hurt doing stretches, but once we start running it slowly begins to get more and more painful, to the point that I have had to stop all together. And when u finish a workout it's just an ache. I have felt a very slight pain when I walk, and starting today, when I am resting, a shot of small pain starts in my calf and shoots up.

No comments:

Post a Comment